The epitome of "less talk and more action", D4C tailors somatic sessions to take us out of our heads and into our bodies. We're going beyond cognitive approaches into deeper understanding through experiential learning. We want to bring the message alive rather than simply lecture. Because another boring powerpoint simply doesn't cut it anymore.... $1000+
CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING
Group drumming is a great metaphor for communication, cooperation, and collaboration. In the village metaphor, every employee has an equally important contribution to make to the success of your organization. Drumming together levels the playing field, removes top-down communication patterns, and allows employees to interact in a whole new way that creates bonding through shared experiences that are connective rather than competitive. AND it's not just for fun: workplace programs create a culture that fosters inclusion, reduces stress, boosts morale, and cuts costs through reduced presenteeism and turnover. Rhythm Events are tailored to suit your business and it’s challenges. In a boardroom or on retreat: ten minute energizers to three hour team-building programs. $500+
Recreational Music Making (RMM) is on the forefront of establishing a solid foundation for proving the biological benefits of group drumming. D4C is a trained facilitator for several protocols demonstrating what ancient cultures have known all along: playing music together is good for you!
1. healthRHYTHMS™ A neurologist and a music therapist developed this protocol clinically proven to improve health and wellness for participants. The program is applicable in many venues to include but not limited to schools, hospitals, senior centers, corrections facilities, and therapeutic environments. Proven to reduce employee burnout and turnover, it's perfect for workplace wellness programming. Excellent for stress reduction, fostering inclusion, and combating isolation. Great for clinical settings, support groups, or community interest sessions. $300+, discounts for recurring programs.
2. DRUMBEAT® is a an evidence-based social and emotional learning program that enables real change to build resilience through rhythm. The name DRUMBEAT is an acronym for Discovering Relationships Using Music, Beliefs, Emotions, Attitudes, and Thoughts. The protocol was developed by Holyoake, a noted mental health and counseling agency in Australia. It's the world’s first structured learning program using music, psychology and neurobiology to reconnect with ourselves and others. The format is a ten week series of one-hour small group sessions focused on social emotional learning geared for at-risk youth. $2500 for the full series.
3. ELEMENTS OF RHYTHM™ is our own program based in the Five Elements model of Chinese Medicine. This small group playshop features Greg Whitt's graduate work in Transformative Leadership and Social Change from the Maryland University of Integrative Health. It draws upon ancient wisdom traditions as a natural model for health and wellness. $300+
D4C offers educational and interactive programs for schools, churches, and camps. These might include cultural education, musical demonstrations, hands-on experiential learning or combinations of each. Teachers and students take a journey to explore different cultures, music, and instruments from around the planet. You and your kids will enjoy both listening to and playing rhythms using ethnically diverse percussive instruments, found-sound or student-made instruments, and body percussion. The programming combines music with social studies, language arts, movement, and science, and it's designed to support classroom teachers in integrating music and culture to align with state and national education standards. Classroom residencies, international festivals, and assemblies are great ways to share this experience. $300+, discounts for recurring programs.
Greg has developed a variety of applied philosophy programs. While these may often include musical elements, they're really about healthier, happier living. Prices vary. Previous events include:
- Beat the Change: Positive Psychology Through Music and Movement
- Calling & Commitment: Identify, Clarify, and Honor Your Purpose
- Camp Unplugged: A Digital Detox Retreat
- Elements in Rhythm: Storytelling, Music, and Nature for Health & Wellness
- Hanging Out Together: Hammock Retreats for Small Groups
- FIRE Starter: Learning to Lead Facilitated Interactive Rhythm Experiences
- Wellness in the Woods: A Day of Nature-Based Personal Development
- LIRAH: Life in Rhythm and Harmony
Rhythm makes special events truly unique. Activities can be tailored to suit your organization, school, or community. Worship services, diversity workshops, non-profit fundraising, international fairs, arts festivals, family reunions, weddings, and grief camps are some examples. Traditionally-inspired percussion performances can spice things up! This might include live drumming for movement classes like yoga or dance, educational concerts, or drum petting zoos for festivals. Performances are great to liven things up and work well in venues ranging from coffee shops to senior centers. Prices vary.
RHYTHM RITUALS AND RITES OF PASSAGE
Greg Whitt of Drum for Change is ordained with the Church of the Open Road, an interfaith organization that values choice, change, consciousness, curiosity, commitment, challenge, compassion, celebration, and collaboration; values that we, too, believe in. We mix these with ancient wisdom practices for commemorative events like weddings, comings-of-age, and other ceremonial occasions. Prices vary.
Notes For All Programs
- pricing variables include location, duration, and number of participants
- additional charges may apply for travel, lodging, per diem, etc.
D4C also offers special incentives to support charitable programs for worthy causes.
Contact us to discuss the possibilities.